Trade Union Education Centre Glasgow
*** Covid 19 - Update ***
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, TUC Education are unable to offer classroom based training. Despite the difficult circumstances it's more important than ever that reps get the support that they need to be able to represent their members. That’s why TUC Education and its partner colleges have organised a programme of essential training for reps.
The Trade Union Education Centre located in the Riverside Campus of the City of Glasgow College which provides training throughout Scotland for Trade Union Representatives and members. We are committed to offering high standard courses where the learners achieve recognised qualifications and gain personal advancement. We encourage everyone to learn in a friendly environment where the facilities are designed for trade union learning. We offer courses as flexibly as we can to suit the needs of the reps and the members. We work will all TUC affiliated Trade Unions. Details of the courses we offer and an application form can be found in the How to Apply section below.
Courses Starting in September 2020
We are currently recruiting the following courses:-
Health and Safety Courses
- TUC Health and Safety Stage 1
- TUC Next Steps for Safety Representatives
- TUC Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Trade Unions and Mental Health Awareness
- Risk Assessment
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Accident Investigating and Reporting
Shop Stewards Courses
- TUC Union Representatives Stage 1
- TUC Certificate in Employment Law
- TUC Diploma in Employment Law
- Bullying and Harassment
- Grievance and Discipline
Learning Representatives Courses
For more detailed information about these courses click on Course Brochure below in our Publications section, for more information on applying for a course see our How To Apply section or if you need any assistance see our Contact Us section.
How to Apply
There are 3 ways to apply :-
1. Electronically - You can apply directly to the Centre using our Electronic Application Form.
2. By Post - You can see the list of courses that are being organised by our Centre in our Course Brochure (which contains an application form on pages 19 and 20), complete the form and send it to us at - Trade Union Education Centre, City of Glasgow College, Riverside Campus, 21 Thistle Street, Glasgow, G5 9XB.
3. Scan your application form and email it directly by using the contacts below in the Contact Us section below.
Please note that Trade Union Representatives applying for TUC courses must have been authorised to attend by their respective trade Union Official. If you are unsure who this person is, please contact your Trade Union direct for guidance.
|Course Brochure||TUC Directory 2020|
Should you be unable to find the course you require then please contact us with any queries and we will be happy to help.
Applications and General Enquiries
Tracy Land email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Course Enquiries